Registration for the early-career Building a Bio-based Economy for Europe (BBEE) workshop is now open!
Date: Tuesday 2nd June (fringe event of the Renewable Resources and Biorefineries Conference (RRB11))
Time: 9.30 to 6 pm
Location: Biology Department, University of York.
Cost: Only £40 including lunch, refreshments and evening drinks reception
Attend this exciting one-day interdisciplinary early-career workshop to explore the challenges and opportunities for creating a bio-based economy in Europe with high level experts in the field and build your network of researchers and professionals. Through highly interactive discussions and workshops you will be able to develop your networks, skills in entrepreneurship and influencing policy and connect your research or work to the hot topics in other fields. The list of confirmed speakers and senior mentors includes:
- Dr. Leo Gomez (Centre for Novel Agricultural Products)
- Dr. Adrian Higson (NNFCC – the Bioeconomy Consultancy)
- Dr. Edward Green (Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor of Green Biologics)
- Sarah Hosking (R&D Workstream leader at Unilever)
- Daniel Wood (Acting Head of Parliament’s Universities Programme, Houses of Parliament).
Apply by visiting www.rrbconference.com/bbee for more information. Apply by 30th April.
In order to ensure a multifaceted and comprehensive discussion, the number of participants is limited to 50 and attendees from across different disciplines will be selected, so apply early before all the places go!