- International Neuroinformatics Coordinating Facility (INCF)
- The Human Brain Project – created in 1993 as the Blue Brain Project, now a major EU Flagship.
- Bernstein Centres in Computational Neuroscience, Germany
- CENTER-TBI CENTER-TBI is a large European project that aims to improve the care for patients with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).
- COLAMN– The project aims at developing computer models to understand better the laminar structure of the mammalian neocortex in order to design VLSI-integrated circuits that work in a brain-like way and can be used to build future computers.
- CARMEN – a virtual laboratory for neurophysiology, enabling sharing and collaborative exploitation of data, analysis code and expertise.
- REVERB- This proposed research programme aims to solve the problem of behavioural integration by using knowledge of brain systems.
- BraINS project – Brain Images of Normal Subjects bank is being developed with more than 1000 normal subjects – images, and associated information – from across the lifespan.
- EPSRC Mathematical Neuroscience Network
- NeuroMatic is a collection of Igor Pro functions for analyzing and acquiring electrophysiological data.
- NeuroML – simulator independent language for defining biologically detailed neuronal and network models. NeuroML also has Wikipedia entry.
- RIKEN Institute, Japan
- IBRO/FENS Advanced Course in Computational Neuroscience Summer School
- Doctoral Training Programme in Neuroinformatics
- Master programme in Neuroinformatics
- Courses and Tutorials on the NEURON simulator
- International Brain Research Organisation
- Society for Neuroscience
- Federation of European Neuroscience Societies
- British Neuroscience Association
- UK Mathematical Neuroscience Network: MNN
Funding sources include: